Terms and Conditions for Accommodation 2016.12
(Scope of Application)
- Any Accommodation Contract and related agreement to be concluded between this Hotel and its Guest shall be in accordance with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions. Any matter not provided for herein shall be in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
- Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, the Hotel may apply the provisions of any special contract insofar that said special contract does not violate the purpose of these Terms and Conditions, applicable laws and regulations, and general practices.
(Refusal of Accommodation Contract)
The Hotel may refuse the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract in the event of one or more of the followings:
- When the application for accommodation does not conform with the provisions of these Terms and Conditions;
- When the Hotel is fully booked and no room is available;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct himself/herself in a manner that will contravene the applicable laws or be against the public order or good morals in regard to his/her accommodation;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed to be a designated criminal gangsters organization or a federation of such gangsters organizations as defined by the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members,” a member or the related person of such organization or federation, or any other antisocial force (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Antisocial Forces”);
- When the person seeking accommodation is a corporation or other group whose business activities are under control of the Antisocial Forces;
- When the person seeking accommodation is a corporation or other group with a board member or director who is a member of the Antisocial Forces;
- When the person seeking accommodation can be clearly detected as carrying an infectious disease;
- When the Hotel is requested to assume an unreasonable burden in regard to the person’s accommodation;
- When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to natural disasters, malfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to behave in a manner that will cause serious annoyance to other Guest(s) of the Hotel;
- When the person seeking accommodation conducted himself/herself in a manner that causes serious annoyance to other Guest(s) of the Hotel;
- When the person seeking accommodation conducted himself/herself in a manner that interferes with the execution of operation of the Hotel by its board member(s) or personnel;
- When the person seeking accommodation is deemed liable to carry hazardous objects (stoves and other ignitable devices, petroleum fuels, etc.), drugs or substances the possession or usage of which is legally prohibited under the applicable laws and regulations, or toxic materials to people;
- When the person seeking accommodation has been subject to subparagraph 1), 4) or 5) of paragraph 1, Article 6 hereof in the past;
- When there is any other justifiable reason.
(Notification of Name, etc.)
The person seeking to apply for an Accommodation Contract shall provide the Hotel with the following information:
- Address, name, and telephone number of the Guest;
- Date(s) of the stay, estimated time of arrival, and telephone number and name of the applicant;
- Other information deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- In the case when the Guest requests, during his/her stay, an extension of the accommodation beyond the date(s) of the stay in subparagraph 2) of the preceding paragraph, it shall be regarded as an application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such request is made.
(Conclusion of Accommodation Contract)
- An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed to have been concluded when the Hotel accepts the application therefor as described in Article 3 hereof.
- When an Accommodation Contract is concluded, in some cases the Hotel may designate a deadline and request the Guest for the payment of the Reservation Deposit for his/her Accommodation Period by the deadline. The amount of such Reservation Deposit shall be up to the amount of the Accommodation Charges. When the Accommodation Period exceeds three days, then the amount of such Reservation Deposit shall up to the equivalent of the Accommodation Charges for three days.
- When the Contract Cancellation Fee shall be paid subject to Article 5 hereof, the Reservation Deposit set forth in the preceding paragraph shall be applied for the payment of the Contract Cancellation Fee, and then any remainder thereof, if any, shall be reimbursed.
(Cancellation of Accommodation Contract by the Guest)
- In the case when the applicant has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part, he/she shall pay to the Hotel the Contract Cancellation Fee as listed in the Attached Table No. 1.
- In the case when the Guest does not appear without any advance notice by midnight on the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the estimated time of arrival if such estimated time was expressly informed beforehand), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest and treat it as such.
- In the case of cancellation subject to the preceding paragraph, if it is proven that the Guest failed to arrive by midnight on the accommodation date (or 2 hours after the estimated time of arrival if such estimated time was informed beforehand) or to provide an advance notice thereof to the Hotel due to the delay of railway, airline or any other public transportation, or other circumstances not attributable to the Guest, then the Contract Cancellation Fee stipulated in paragraph 1 of this Article hereof shall not be charged.
(Cancellation of Contract by the Hotel)
The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract in the event of one or more of the followings:
- When any case of subparagraph 3) to 15) of Article 2 hereof is confirmed as applicable;
- When the applicant refuses to provide the information required in subparagraph 1) to 3) of paragraph1, Article 3 hereof;
- When the Reservation Deposit stipulated in Article 4 hereof is requested but not paid by the deadline designated by the Hotel;
- When the Guest allows any visitor who is not a Guest of the Hotel into his/her guestroom;
- When the Guest smokes in bed, vandalizes fire protection equipment/facilities, or breaks the Hotel’s rules (i.e. Usage Regulations) and does any of the prohibited acts thereunder.
- When the Hotel cancels the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding paragraph, the Accommodation Charges for the Accommodation Period up to the cancellation date will be deducted from the Reservation Deposit if any and any balance thereof shall be refunded.
The Guest shall register with the front desk of the Hotel on the date of accommodation the following information:
- Information stipulated in subparagraph 1) of paragraph 1, Article 3 hereof;
- In case of a foreign Guest, except that he/she is a resident in Japan, his/her nationality, passport number and the place/date of entry (a copy of his/her passport shall be provided to the Hotel);
- Date of departure;
- Other information the Hotel deems to be necessary.
(Time of Check-in and Check-out)
- The Guest is entitled to enter in (Check-in) the Hotel on or after 3:00 p.m.(on the day of arrival) and shall leave the Hotel (Check-out) by 10:00 a.m. (on the morning of departure).
- In principle, the Hotel does not extend the Check-out time beyond 10:00 a.m..
- Because it is a room cleaning time between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., the Guest staying for consecutive two or more days, basically, may not enter in guest rooms or guest room floors during that period of time. However, the Guest who has notified the Hotel in advance that cleaning is not necessary for his/her guest room may stay in the guest room between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.. Furthermore, the Guest is responsible for his/her own valuables and the Hotel shall bear no liability for any loss or damage thereof.
- The Guest shall pay 100% of the Accommodation Charges in the case when he/she stays beyond 10:00 a.m. on the departure date. In the case where the Guest requests the extension of his/her Check-out time or stay, he/she shall notify the front desk of the Hotel by the time of the original Check-out time, and if such request is accepted by the Hotel, such extension will be available. In such case, the Guest shall pay the Accommodation Charges for the extended time or stay at the time when the Hotel has accepted the Guest’s request.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraph 1 to 4 of this Article, the Hotel may change the Check-in and Check-out time at its own discretion.
(Payment for Accommodation Charges)
- The Accommodation Charges shall be paid by Check-in at the front desk of the Hotel.
- Once the Guest begins to use a guest room, the Accommodation Charges shall not be refunded even if the Guest chooses not to stay at the Hotel.
(Observance of Usage Regulations)
The Guest shall observe the Usage Regulations established by the Hotel during his/her stay in the Hotel.
(Responsibility/Liability of the Hotel)
- The Hotel’s responsibility/liability under the Accommodation Contract shall become effective either at the time of the registration by the Guest subject to Article 7 hereof, or at the time the Guest enters in his/her guest room, whichever occurs earlier, and shall cease and expire at the time the Guest leaves the guest room for departure.
- When the Hotel is unable to provide the Guest with a guest room due to circumstances attributable to the Hotel, except for any case of natural disaster or other circumstances beyond the Hotel’s control making it difficult to secure accommodation(s) at other lodging facility, the Hotel shall arrange for the Guest to stay at other lodging facility based on equal or similar conditions. In such case, limited to the case where the price of a one-night stay at the lodging facility, to which the Guest is referred on the day when the Hotel is unable to provide a guest room, is higher than the original price of a one-night stay at the Hotel at the time the reservation is made, the Hotel shall pay the difference in such room rates.
(Handling of Deposited Articles)
- The Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 50,000 yen for the loss, breakage or other damage (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Damage”) when the Damage occurs to any of the articles (including cash and valuables) deposited at the front desk by the Guest, except for the Damage occurred due to force majeure or other circumstances not attributable to the Hotel. As for cash and valuables, even if the Guest has expressly reported its kind and value beforehand, the compensation therefor by the Hotel shall be up to 50,000 yen, as well.
- The Hotel shall not compensate the Guest for any Damage when such Damage occurs to any of the articles which are brought into the premises of the Hotel by the Guest but are not deposited at the front desk, unless otherwise determined the Damage took place due to the result of willfulness or gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
(Custody of Baggage or Belongings of the Guest)
- When the baggage of the Guest is brought into the Hotel before his/her arrival, the Hotel shall be responsible for keeping it only in the case when the Hotel has previously consented to such beforehand baggage arrival. The baggage shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of his/her Check-in.
- When the baggage and/or belongings of the Guest is found left after his/her Check-out, the Hotel shall keep them for 30 days including the day they are found, and after this 30-day period, the valuables of which shall be turned over to the nearest police station and the other goods will be disposed by the Hotel. In case of food, beverages and magazines, the Hotel shall keep them only for the day they are found, and thereafter they will be disposed by the Hotel.
(Liability of the Guest)
The Hotel shall have the right to claim to the Guest for compensation for any damage incurred arising from or in connection with willfulness or negligence on the part of the Guest.
(Exclusive Jurisdiction by Consent and Governing Law)
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan without regards to its rules on the conflict of laws. Any disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively submitted to the district court in Japan which exercises jurisdiction over the location of the head office of the Hotel, and such disputes shall be resolved in accordance with the laws of Japan.
To ensure a safe and comfortable stay for the Guest as well as the Hotel’s public nature, every Guest is required to follow this Usage Regulations based on Article 10 of these Terms and Conditions. When the Guest is not in compliance therewith, the Hotel shall have the right to cancel the relevant Accommodation Contract in accordance with Article 6 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Do not use a guest room for any purpose other than accommodation without the permission of the Hotel.
- Do not lease a guest room to others without permission of the Hotel.
- Do not use a guest room or lobby as an office or sales office.
- Do not use heating equipment, cooking equipment, press irons, or any other equipment that may cause fire (except for the equipment installed or provided by the Hotel for the Guest’s usage) in the premises of the Hotel.
- To ensure fire prevention, do not smoke in bed, any other place where a fire could easily break out and any place other than those designated by the Hotel.
- Do not cause any nuisance, trouble or inconvenience to other Guest(s) with actions such as shouting, singing, or noisy acts in the Hotel and/or a guest room thereof.
Do not bring into the Hotel the following objects:
- Animals and birds;
- Objects with an offensive odor;
- Excessively large amount of objects;
- Flammable or combustible materials and/or solvents, such as gunpowder and volatile oil;
- Firearms, blades, drugs or other objects the possession of which is prohibited and not permitted by law;
- Other objects deemed by the Hotel to be hazardous to the safety or comfort of other Guest(s).
- Do not conduct gambling or other acts which may be offensive to public order and morals in the premises of the Hotel.
- Do not invite any visitor who is not the Guest of the Hotel into a guest room.
- Do not use the facilities or objects in the premises of the Hotel for any purpose other than those they are originally intended to.
- Do not take the objects in the premises of the Hotel outside the Hotel or relocate them to another location inside the premises of the Hotel.
- Do not attach any object to the structures of the Hotel or the facilities in the premises of the Hotel and do not relocate them to a different location.
- Do not hang any object or article on or by the windows given rise to defacement of the exterior appearance of the Hotel.
- Do not distribute advertising materials or sell goods to other Guest(s) or conduct soliciting activities such as collecting donations or signatures from Guest(s) in the Hotel.
- Do not leave shoes or other personal belongings in the hallways or lobby of the Hotel.
- Do not bring into guest rooms food or beverages whether serviced outside guest rooms by the Hotel, or bought by the Guest that exceeds a reasonable amount or content thereof. Furthermore, do not order food or beverages from delivery services.
- Contact the front desk of the Hotel in advance to change the number of days of stay for accommodation.
- In the case of an extension of stay, the Guest shall pay the Accommodation Charges for such extended period at the time of application therefor.
- The Breakfast offered by the Hotel shall be consumed at the areas designated by the Hotel.
- Make sure to bring out valuables and expensive objects and do not leave them in guest rooms when leaving.
- No discounts or refund of the Accommodation Charges is provided, whether the Guest consumes breakfast offered by the Hotel or not.
Use of the facilities of the Hotel by the following groups or individuals is prohibited.
- A designated criminal gangsters organization or a federation of such gangsters organizations as defined by the “Act on Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members,” a member or the related person of such organization or federation, or any other antisocial force (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Antisocial Forces”).
- Any related person of the corporation or other group whose business activities are under control of Antisocial Forces.
- Any group or individual deemed to have committed such activities as act of violence, injury, threats, blackmailing, intimidating unjust request, or any similar act thereto.
- Any individual who is not able to secure his/her own safety due to lack of control, as a result of mental instability, drugs and other factors, or any individual who is likely to cause danger, fear or anxiety to other Guest(s).
- Any individual who has received a warning from the Hotel against his/her violation of the Usage Regulations but failed to immediately cease such violation.
Attached Table No. 1
Contract Cancellation Fee (Ref. paragraph 1 of Article 5)
|No Show||Accommodation Day||1 day prior to Accommodation Day||2 days prior to Accommodation Day||3 – 9 days prior to Accommodation Day|
|For Individual Guest 4 or less rooms||100％||100％||50％||–||–|
|For Group Guest 5-9 rooms||100％||100％||50％||30％||10％|
|No Show||0-5 days prior to Accommodation Day||6 – 10 days prior to Accommodation Day||11 – 20 days prior to Accommodation Day||21 – 30 days prior to Accommodation Day|
|For Group Guest 10 and more rooms||100％||100％||50％||30％||10％|
|For Individual Guest 4 or less rooms|
|1 day prior to Accommodation Day||50％|
|2 days prior to Accommodation Day||0％|
|3 – 9 days prior to Accommodation Day||0％|
|For Group Guest 5-9 rooms|
|1 day prior to Accommodation Day||50％|
|2 days prior to Accommodation Day||30％|
|3 – 9 days prior to Accommodation Day||10％|
|For Group Guest 10 and more rooms|
|0-5 days prior to Accommodation Day||100％|
|6 – 10 days prior to Accommodation Day||50％|
|11 – 20 days prior to Accommodation Day||30％|
|21 – 30 days prior to Accommodation Day||10％|